In this episode, I interview Elias Ek.
Elias is from Sweden, but has lived in Taiwan for the past 25 years, where he runs his own company, Enspyre.
Listen to find out about:
- Elias’ first encounter in Chinese in Taiwan
- His first job in Taiwan
- Experience of working as a foreigner in a Taiwanese company
- His breakthrough in learning Chinese
- His experience on learning speaking without characters
- His use of Chinese while running his own company in Taiwan
- How he prepares for giving speeches in Chinese
- His approach interviewing new employees
- Why classroom language learning is broken
- Difference in western versus Chinese business culture
- How he elicits ideas from his staff
- What he would change about his strategy learning Chinese
- How Chinese compares in difficulty to other languages