The newest lessons can be downloaded manually from the main page of ChineseLearnOnline.com. Older lessons are available for purchase below in level (60 lessons) sets. Here are the instructions on how to get the lessons onto your iPod:
1. Purchase access to the level you are interested in.
2. Choose the type of lesson you would like to download:
a. RSS feed - lets you download lessons in podcast mode, so they can be archived properly within your iPod
b. Embedded transcript: The lesson archives feature the entire transcript of the lesson embedded within the file, so you can view them on your iPod or MP3 player screen. Choose between Pinyin, Simplified, Traditional or English translated modes.
3. To add a feed to iTunes, right click on the feed link and click on “Save link”. From iTunes, click on “Subscribe to Podcast” from the “advanced” menu and paste this feed link in. You will be asked for a login and password. Use the one you created when purchasing your access.
4. To download archives with embedded transcripts to your computer (Windows), right click on the link and select “Save as” and choose a folder to save them to on your computer.
5. Once the file has been downloaded, right click on the file name in your computer and choose “extract here.”
6. From your iTunes software choose File/Add a folder and select the folder with the files in them. They are now ready to be synced to your iPOD.
7. You can also choose to create custom playlists within iTunes - for example a separate playlist for each level.
There are three sets of download material available for purchase for each level (60 lessons). In addition to the archive lessons above, the Transcripts and Notes sets (orange lines below) provide you with hundreds of PDF material for each level that can be printed out or viewed offline. To see samples, click on the PDF icons for the first four lessons of each level on our course outline pages. The Review Audio sets (green lines below) provide you with MP3 summary of the dialogues and vocabulary used in each lesson, plus flashcard sets that can be viewed on iPods with screens.
|Level||Description||Type||Files||Size (MB)||Last Update|
|1||Transcripts and Notes||717||93||May 2/12|
|1||Simplified iPod Flashcards||MP3||271||49||Nov 19/08|
|1||Traditional iPod Flashcards||MP3||271||51||Nov 19/08|
|1||Dialogue summaries||MP3||16||12||July 8/08|
|1||Slow dialogues||MP3||16||20||July 8/08|
|1||Podcast review||MP3||44||81||July 8/08|
|2||Transcripts and Notes||647||86||May 2/12|
|2||Simplified iPod Flashcards||MP3||208||34||Nov 19/08|
|2||Traditional iPod Flashcards||MP3||208||35||Nov 19/08|
|2||Dialogue summaries||MP3||56||16||July 8/08|
|2||Slow dialogues||MP3||56||32||July 8/08|
|2||Podcast review||MP3||51||153||July 8/08|
|3||Transcripts and Notes||602||94||May 2/12|
|3||Simplified iPod Flashcards||MP3||265||43||Nov 24/08|
|3||Traditional iPod Flashcards||MP3||265||45||Nov 24/08|
|3||Dialogue summaries||MP3||40||17||July 8/08|
|3||Slow dialogues||MP3||39||32||July 8/08|
|3||Podcast review||MP3||32||105||July 8/08|
|4||Transcripts and Notes||488||74||May 2/12|
|4||Simplified iPod Flashcards||MP3||310||50||Nov 24/08|
|4||Traditional iPod Flashcards||MP3||310||52||Nov 24/08|
|4||Dialogue summaries||MP3||25||18||July 8/08|
|4||Slow dialogues||MP3||25||33||July 8/08|
|4||Podcast review||MP3||8||38||July 8/08|
|5||Transcripts and Notes||510||60||May 2/12|
|5||Simplified iPod Flashcards||MP3||269||58||Jan 20/09|
|5||Traditional iPod Flashcards||MP3||269||59||Jan 20/09|
|5||Normal summaries||MP3||22||21||Jan 20/09|
|5||Slow summaries||MP3||22||31||Jan 20/09|
|5||Podcast review||MP3||55||49||Jan 20/09|
|6||Transcripts and Notes||479||46||May 2/12|
|6||Normal summaries||MP3||30||35||July 29/09|
|6||Slow summaries||MP3||30||56||July 29/09|
|6||Vocabulary review||MP3||51||38||July 29/09|
|7||Transcripts and Notes||411||96||May 2/12|
|7||Normal summaries||MP3||33||32||Jan 4/10|
|6||Slow summaries||MP3||33||46||Jan 4/10|
|6||Vocabulary review||MP3||56||60||Jan 4/10|